DIY autumn room decor - garland

Autumn's finally here and I'm enjoying every second of it. I just love how the leaves turn yellow and red and the weather starts ...

Autumn's finally here and I'm enjoying every second of it. I just love how the leaves turn yellow and red and the weather starts getting chilly.

To make my room cozier I decided to redecorate it and one of the easiest decorations is a garland with autumn themed pictures attached to it.

What you'll need:
  • some pegs
  • a cord (about two meters long)
  • two nails
  • some A6 sized cards or some photos
  • leaves
  • watercolors or other pencils




So first I attached the cord to a wall in my bedroom:
To do that I tied a knot at each end of the cord and hammered a nail through the knots onto the wall.

Now comes the part where you can become creative!
You can either hang some photos onto the cord or (what I'm going to do) create some own drawings and other crafty autumn themed stuff.

Here are some of my paintings: 




And to spice things up I collected nice leaves and placed them under heavy books to press them flat to glue them onto paper:



After you've finished you can finally hang your cards onto the cord with your pegs and voilà you're done!

I hope this post gave you some ideas or inspiration for decorating your rooms.
Have a nice day!
-Soph :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to comment!