4 days in Madrid

A few weeks ago, shortly before our autumn holidays started, I thought that I was going to spend those two weeks at home. Gladly my family ...

A few weeks ago, shortly before our autumn holidays started, I thought that I was going to spend those two weeks at home. Gladly my family and I planned a spontaneous trip to Madrid.
Madrid is a huge city with so many things to see that it can be difficult to figure out where to start. So I'll tell you our sightseeing tour, recommendations, food we ate and so on.


Day 1 

On the first day we've visited the three famous art museums, the art triangle. 
Prado exhibits art from the 12th to the 18th century. The paintings are very huge and impressive.
Thyssen-Bornemisza has paintings from very famous artist like Van Gogh, Claude Monet etc.
Reina Sofìa shows the youngest paintings of all three museums (most of them are abstract). The famous painting of Pablo Picasso Guernica is exhibited there.
Art is literally everywhere: the hallways of Reina Sofîa

My brother
A cute café we accidentally found under the museum
You can easily walk from museum to museum and pass the Parque de El Retiro. It is extremely big and beautiful, especially in the evening when you can see the sunset.

 

Day 2

Because we were walking great distances the day before we were too exhausted to walk. We took a hop on hop off bus which drove us to the most important sights and we spent the hole day with sightseeing.

 

 Day 3

If you have enough time I recommend visiting Toledo, a town maybe 30 minutes away from Madrid (by train). 

There's a huge garden hiding in the train station!
A view on Toledo we had from a café

 

Day 4

The last day we've spent with shopping and relaxing in the city. Gran Via and Puerta del Sol are full of shops (Zara, Bershka, Mango, Topshop, Adidas etc.). But if you prefer a little less people and smaller shops I would go to Malasaña District which is near Gran Via (you can go there with the metro and get off at the station Chueca).
Salamanca is another district with very expensive but also high street shops.


Food

Now while in Spain you obviously need to try tapas! I can definitely recommend Cerveceria Cervantes.
Dingo was another great restaurant with (huge) meals like burgers, steaks, sandwiches etc.
I got a veggie burger and some sweet potatoes yummm
If you're more into a quick and healthy lunch I highly suggest Faborit. They are everywhere in Madrid and offer salads, sandwiches, desserts and coffee and great smoothies.


I hope you've enjoyed reading and let me know if you have or would like to visit Madrid. You can ask me more questions if you're planning on going!

-Soph :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to comment!